Information We Collect
- Your name, contact information, and payment card numbers.
- Your Visa card transactions, if you enroll your card in V.me alerts.
- Technical information about your browser and access device.
Core Ways We Use and Share Information
- We may contact you about your V.me account, service updates, and new V.me features.
- We will send you mobile text and/or email alert messages if you sign up for V.me Alerts.
- We may share information about how you use your payment card in V.me with the financial institution that issued your card.
- We may share information with the financial institution that issued your card to operate other services accessible through your V.me account.
- We share your payment card number with merchants you pay with V.me and their transaction service providers.
- We share other information (not your payment card number) with merchants you pay with V.me and their service providers.
- If you agree, we may invite you to sign up for other Visa services.
- We use your data to provide, secure, operate, and improve V.me.
- To stop receiving SMS alerts from V.me, reply stop to any alert text message or log in to V.me and change your alerts settings.
- To stop receiving email alerts from V.me, log in to V.me and change your alerts settings.
- To close your V.me account, follow the instructions in the V.me Customer Support section.
Concerns or suggestions about privacy? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Welcome to V.me from Visa Inc. ("Visa", "we" or "us"). Please read below to learn how we collect, protect and use your data.
Information we collect
We collect Personal Information (information which can be used to identify you as an individual) that you provide us directly or through the financial institution which issued your payment card ("Issuer") when you sign up or when you use Issuer-related elements of V.me. This information includes:
- Your name
- Contact information (including your email, phone, and mailing address)
- Payment card information
If you sign up for our alerts service we also collect
- Your mobile phone number
- Information about the online and in person transactions you make with your enrolled Visa cards
In some cases, V.me may integrate with other services or functionality your Issuer offers, such as your Issuer's own alert service. Where that occurs, we and your Issuer may collect and share information (such as your mobile phone number for an alerts service) needed to make the services accessible through your V.me account.
We collect other information about your use of V.me such as
- How you use the V.me services and website
- IP address and information about the device you use to access V.me
V.me may get information about you from other sources such as
- Third parties who have the rights to give us data about you
- Other Visa services you use if we have the right to do so
We collect or compile non-Personal Information about V.me users such as enrollment numbers or demographic group information on an aggregated and anonymized basis. We may share any non-Personal Information with third parties for any lawful purpose.
How we use this information
We primarily use this information to provide the V.me service to you and to
- Fulfill your requests and complete transactions including sending text message and email notifications and alerts to you
- Analyze usage and generally improve the service
- Ensure the security of the service, prevent fraud and enforce our policies
- Your V.me experience
- Other Visa services you use
- Offers and promotions we deliver to you
- Contact you about V.me including new features and services
- Contact you about other Visa services, if you agree
- Perform other activities with your consent
How we share Personal Information
We will only share your Personal Information as described in this policy and any supplemental privacy policies for other V.me services. Specifically, we may share your Personal Information
- With merchants you pay through V.me to complete your transactions, resolve disputes, help prevent fraud and provide customer service and their service providers. We will only share your payment account number with merchants and their transaction service providers. Please note that these parties may have their own privacy policies governing how they will use and disclose Personal Information. We recommend that you review the privacy policies of the parties with whom you interact to learn about their practices.
- With the Issuer of your card in order to process your transactions, for the operation of Issuer services accessible through V.me, report how you use your payment card in V.me, and so your Issuer can perform customer service, usage analysis, fraud prevention, and V.me related marketing (based on your preferences with your Issuer). This may include information about whether you have loaded or removed a card from V.me and if you have chosen to close your V.me account. It does not include information about how you use your payment cards in V.me which are issued by a different financial institution. Please note that your Issuer may have its own privacy policies governing how it will use and disclose Personal Information. We recommend that you review your Issuer's privacy policies to learn about its practices.
- With companies and vendors that help us to operate our business. We require that they protect your information and only use it for that purpose.
- To comply with law or other legal obligations such as responding to subpoenas.
- To protect our rights or property, or that of our users.
- To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential or suspected illegal activities, fraud, threats to the personal safety of any person, or violations of the V.me terms and conditions.
- With other companies that are owned by Visa as allowed by law.
- With a purchaser of Visa (or the majority of its assets).
- With your consent.
You can opt out of receiving V.me SMS text alerts on your mobile device by replying stop to any alert message, or by changing your alerts preferences in your V.me account.
You can opt out of receiving V.me email alerts by logging in to V.me and changing your alerts preferences.
For instructions on how to opt out of receiving alerts offered by your Issuer that integrate with V.me, you can change your alerts preferences through V.me or follow instructions provided in connection with your Issuer's alerts program.
You can configure your browser to reject all cookies, or to notify you when a cookie is set. Each browser is different, so check the Help menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie and privacy preferences. However, if you reject cookies, your use of V.me may be impaired.
You can close your V.me account by following the instructions in the Customer Support section of the V.me website. Once your account is closed you will no longer be able to access your account online. Even though your account is closed we still may retain and use your Personal Information to comply with law, prevent fraud, resolve disputes, assist with any investigations, enforce our policies, analyze and improve the service, and take other actions as permitted by law.
How you can access and edit your Personal Information
You can review and edit your Personal Information at any time by logging in to your account.
How we protect your Personal Information
Visa uses firewalls and Secure Socket Layers to help protect the Personal Information we collect from you when it is being communicated to us. Our policies restrict access to Personal Information to those employees and service providers who need to know the information in order to provide you this service. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable privacy and data security laws and regulations.
How to contact Visa regarding your privacy concerns and questions
If you have questions or comments about our privacy practices, please email us at email@example.com or write to us at: Visa U.S.A. Inc. P.O. Box 194607, San Francisco, CA 94119-4607 Attention: Global Privacy Office