Select a category that matches your question. If you have a question unrelated to any of these categories, feel free to contact us.
Problem with sign up
If you're having trouble selecting a password for your V.me account, keep these password requirements in mind:
- At least 8 characters and maximum 20 characters.
- At least one number, one lowercase letter, and one uppercase letter.
- Cannot contain a portion of your email address.
- Allowed special characters: ! @ # $ % & * ?
- Cannot contain spaces or more than three consecutive repeating characters.
We'll show you a simple visual indicator of how secure your password is.
Security question requirements
To protect access to your account, we require that you choose some security questions with answers that other people would have trouble answering. If you have trouble accessing your account at any point, these questions help us confirm your identity. We might ask you to answer these questions when you log in from a new device, when you have forgotten your password, or when you contact customer support via phone.
The answers to your V.me security questions must meet the following requirements:
- Answers must be between 3 and 24 characters in length
- The characters you use can be numbers, letters, special characters, and/or spaces.
- You can't use the same answer for another V.me security question.
Your answers are not case-sensitive, so "Dog" and "dOg" are treated the same way.
Email address in use
If you see a message that your email address is already enrolled in a V.me personal account when you try to sign up, you can reclaim that email address for your V.me account.
Reclaiming your email address will close the V.me account associated with your email address and let you create a new account. Just click the "claim this account" link shown on the page, and we will send instructions to your email address.
Problem with your account
If you forget your password, follow these steps:
- Visit https://www.v.me
- Click the "Forgot Password?" link on the sign in page.
- We'll send password reset instructions to the email address associated with your account. Follow those instructions to create a new password.
If you don't receive the password reset email, we suggest checking your spam folder. If the email isn't there, you can request a new one, or contact us.
To prevent unauthorized access to your account, we lock your account for one hour if you enter an incorrect email address or password too many times. Please wait one hour and then try again, or you can contact us for assistance.
You won't be able to make purchases using your V.me by Visa account during the time your account is locked.
You can change your password any time you need to by following these steps:
- Visit https://www.v.me and sign in to your account.
- Click the "Account Settings" link.
- Click "Edit" under "Sign In Information"
- Click "Save" to save your new password
We'll send a confirmation email to your email address to notify you of the change.
We'd hate to see you go. Please contact us if there's anything we can do to help. To permanently close your V.me account, click the link below:
Can't add a payment card
If you receive an error message when you try to add a payment card, it is likely that the billing information you entered doesn't match the billing information associated with that card. Please verify that you have correctly entered your card information, and the billing address matches the card information on file with your card issuer.
To help prevent unauthorized access to card information, we won't let you add a card if you've tried to add it multiple times with incorrect information. If you receive an error message saying that you have exceeded the maximum number of attempts to add or edit a card, you won't be allowed to add that payment method to your account for another 24 hours.
Problem with a Purchase
If you have concerns about a charge, delivery of or issues related to a product, the status of a refund, or have any customer service issues with the merchant, please contact the merchant.
If you have an issue that has not been resolved by the merchant and would like to escalate a concern about a charge or refund, we suggest that you contact the financial institution that issued your card by calling the customer service number on the back of the card you stored in your V.me account and used to make the purchase.
Problem with alerts
To set up an alert, follow these steps:
- Sign in to your V.me account.
- Select the Visa card for which you'd like to receive alerts.
- Enter the mobile number or email address where you want to receive alerts. If you add a mobile number, a confirmation code will be sent via text message to your mobile device. Just enter the code from that text message on the V.me website to confirm the mobile number belongs to you. You must complete the mobile confirmation within 5 minutes. Message and data rates may apply.
- Select which alerts you would like to receive.
- Click the "Save Alert" button.
To stop receiving alerts (either text messages or email), select the card you want to stop receiving alerts for, click "Manage Alerts" then "Edit" then deselect the alerts you no longer want to receive. From your mobile device, you reply "stop" to any text alert to stop all text alerts for all of the cards enrolled with this mobile number. You may also reply "help" for additional support options.
Not receiving alerts
Alerts will not be sent if:
- The transaction amount is lower than $1, or the specific dollar amount you specified.
- The merchant doesn't process the transaction through Visa's system. This is common for debit card transactions when a PIN is used.
- The merchant hasn't yet submitted the transaction information to Visa.
- You selected "Don't send mobile alerts at night" and the transaction took place in the middle of the night. The mobile alerts will be delivered in the morning after the end of the do not disturb time period.
Alerts will not be sent if:
- Your mobile carrier drops the message.
- Your mobile device is out of the coverage area when Visa sends out the alert, and remains out of coverage for a long period of time.
- Your mobile carrier blocks the text message.
- You do not have a data services plan with your carrier that would allow you to receive text messages.
Question about an alert transaction
If you receive an alert and don't recognize the transaction, check to see if the unfamiliar transaction is one of the following:
- An automatic bill payment you set up for a recurring service (like cable or telephone).
- A large purchase divided into smaller transactions.
- An aggregated charge (several small purchases at a single merchant combined into one purchase amount, such as buying $0.99 songs online).
- A purchase initiated by an authorized cardholder (e.g., spouse, or child) who has the same Visa card number.
If you still can't identify the transaction, please immediately call the financial institution that issued your Visa card at the number on the back of your card.
Mobile carrier issues
The following mobile carriers support V.me text message alerts (text message and data rates may apply with your carrier):
- ACS Wireless
- Alltel (includes Midwest)
- Cellular One of East Central Illinois
- Cellular South
- Cincinnati Bell
- Cox Wireless
- East Kentucky Network
- GCI Communications
- Immix Wireless
- Inland Cellular
- Nex-Tech Wireless
- Revol Wireless
- Rural Cellular Corporation
- Sprint Nextel
- T-Mobile USA (includes Suncom)
- Thumb Cellular
- U.S. Cellular
- Verizon Wireless
- Virgin Mobile USA
- WCC or WCW (West Central Wireless)
- Bell Mobility
- Globalive (aka Wind Canada)
- MTS Mobility
- SaskTel Mobility
- Telus Mobility
- Virgin Mobile Canada
Alert Services Short Codes
Visa may use one of three different short codes to deliver V.me mobile alerts. As part of your enrollment, you may receive an alert from any of the following short codes:
- 68472 or MVISA
- 86301 or VME01
- 86302 or VME02
Alert times (Do not disturb)
You can stop receiving V.me mobile alerts in the middle of the night by editing your Alert preferences:
- Visit https://www.v.me and sign in to your account.
- Click the "Alerts" tab.
- On any card that's receiving alerts, select the checkbox next to "Don't send mobile alerts at night".
- Select your time zone from the Time Zone drop down list. Mobile alerts will not be delivered from 9:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. for the time zone selected. In areas that observe Daylight Savings Time, mobile alerts will not be delivered from 10:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.
Any mobile alerts that have been triggered during that time will be delivered in the morning after the end of the do not disturb time period.
Alerts and Google Voice
V.me alerts are not compatible with Google Voice numbers at this time, as we can't verify your mobile number or send alerts to Google Voice numbers. Please use an alternate number or choose to receive alerts via email.
Problem not listed
If you have a question that's not addressed in this section and need help, please contact us.
Close your account
Before we can process your request, you must sign in to your account